NOTE: REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED. See here for details on on-site registrations.
Registrations are open for the AES 2015 International Evaluation Conference. In the International Year of Evaluation, join colleagues from around New Zealand, Australia, the Asia Pacific region, and the world to explore the theme Reaching across boundaries.
Please note that all persons intending to attend the conference must register, including all accepted paper presenters and chairpersons.
Please read the registration information below before you complete the online form.
Registration fee (per delegate)
All registration fees include Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10%.
To view the current foreign exchange rates, please visit www.x-rates.com
Early RegistrationBefore 30 June 2015
Standard RegistrationAfter 30 June 2015
|Member 3 days*||A$965||A$1,145|
|Non Member 3 days*||A$1,185||A$1,365|
|Full-time Student 3 days*||A$575||A$635|
|One day only Member 7 or 8 or 9 September||A$525||A$570|
|One day only Non Member 7 or 8 or 9 September||A$595||A$650|
*3 day registrations include the Conference Opening and Conference Gala Awards Dinner
Pre-conference workshop program
Registrations for the 2015 Pre-conference workshops are open. For program and registration information click here.
Important information regarding your registration
- To be entitled to the early registration fee you must have registered by 30 June and paid by 14 July 2015.
- All registrations received after 30 August 2015 will incur a fee calculated as 10% of your appropriate registration amount.
- Three-day delegates have the option of selecting the session '2015 AES International Conference Opening' if you wish to attend the Opening Ceremony on the evening of Sunday 6 September. NOTE: The opening will be held at The New Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne. There is no additional charge for this session.
- Organisational members: Staff of Organisational Members receive an additional 10% off the appropriate registration fee by using the correct code. The code has been sent to the main contact for the Organisational Membership. If you are a staff member of an Organisational Member, please ask your organisation for the code so that you can use it when registering.
- Cancellations: See the Cancellation and Refund section below.
Are you new to the AES conference?
We will be arranging some social networking events for conference first-timers. If 2015 is the first time you are attending an AES International Evaluation Conference be sure to check the box in the “Are you are conference newcomer?” question on the online registration form.
Delegates with Full Registration are entitled to the following:
- All sessions at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), Monday 7 to Wednesday 9 September inclusive
- Sunday 6 September Opening Ceremony at The New Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne
- All official documentation
- Conference Gala Awards for Excellence in Evaluation Dinner at National Gallery of Victoria
- Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Teas on each day
Delegates with Day Registration are entitled to the following:
- All sessions at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on the day registered
- All official documentation
- Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Teas
AES 2015 Gala Conference Awards for Excellence in Evaluation Dinner on Tuesday evening
Full conference registration includes the AES Conference Awards Dinner. Additional tickets are available for Day Delegates and other dinner only guests online at the time of registration and at the registration desk at MCEC.
Dinner details are as follows:
Tuesday 8 September 2015
Venue: The Great Hall, NGV International, 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Time: 7.00 pm to 11.00 pm
Dress: Smart Casual
Cost of additional tickets: $185.00 (inc. GST)
Looking for accommodation?
A range of accommodation options are available here.
Pre-conference workshops, Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 September
Sidney Myer Asia Centre, The University of Melbourne, 761 Swanston Street, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Conference opening, Sunday 6 September
The Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne, 757 Swanston Street, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Conference, Monday 7 to Wednesday 9 September
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Melbourne, Australia
Payment of fees
Online payments: Please note all online registrations require immediate payment by credit card, cheque or direct deposit. To pay on invoice, select the Cheque/EFT option when completing your registration. Accepted credit cards: MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
Note: Registrations that elect the Cheque/EFT option are due immediately. A registration is not deemed valid until the correct fee is paid in full.
Cheque payments: Cheque payments will only be accepted up until 14 August 2015. After this date, all registrations must be submitted online with credit card details or by calling +61 3 9035 3484 or +61 3 9035 3469
Cheques are to be made payable to 'Australasian Evaluation Society'. Your name and full address should be typed or printed clearly on the back of the cheque. Cheque payments from overseas must be a bank cheque in Australian Dollars drawn on an Australian Bank. No other currencies will be accepted.
Your registration and payment will be acknowledged via email. Your registration will not be regarded as valid until payment has been made in full in Australian currency.
You will not receive any further publications before the conference. Your email of acknowledgment will include any further advice necessary prior to your arrival at the conference. At the conference you will receive the printed Program and Abstract booklet, additional conference documentation. A list of delegates will be available on the AES website.
Cancellation and refund policy
Cancellations must be notified in writing to the Conference Managers. Cancellation timelines and fees:
- Before 30 June 2015 will incur an A$100.00 cancellation fee.
- From 1 July 2015 to 1 August 2015 will receive a 50% refund of fees paid.
- After 1 August 2015 there will be no refund. However, you can apply to transfer your registration to a colleague for a fee of A$30.00
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the Conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the Conference, or through cancellation of the Conference, loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason, loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia, failure to utilise pre booked arrangements due to airline delay, Force Majeure or any other reason, medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover), loss or damage to personal property, additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered. The Conference Managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The program is correct at the time of publishing. The AES reserves the right to cancel, delete, modify or alter items from the program or to delete, modify or alter any aspect of the Conference timetabling and delivery at their sole discretion and without notice. Neither the host organisation nor the meeting organisers or their contractors will accept any liability for any loss or inconvenience caused to any party consequent to such changes.
The views and opinions expressed at the Conference are those of the presenters and participants and are not necessarily endorsed by the Australasian Evaluation Society (AES).
The AES reserves the right to use any recordings whether audio or video and/or any photographs taken at any stage during the Conference for reporting of the Conference and/or its content at their sole discretion.
Entrance to Conference
Each member of the conference will receive a name badge upon registration. The badge will be your official pass and must be clearly visible at all times to obtain entry to all sessions and to social functions. The AES reserves the right to revoke the badge and privileges of anyone behaving in a disruptive or inappropriate manner.